Dear Germantown Parents and Community Members,
Thank you to all community members that came out to pass our 2023-2024 budget. We are excited about the future of our District and the amazing direction we are moving. I would also like to congratulate Mrs. Teresa Repko and Mr. David Rifenburgh on being elected to the Board of Education for a four-year term.
Congratulations to our retirees, Vinessa Bowman, Sarah Meyers, Jeanne Oliviera, Dale Strong, Cheryl Trowbridge, Patti Penston, and Paul Hanway. Thank you for your dedicated service to our students and our community. We wish you the very best in your retirement.
June is a busy month with regents, finals, concerts, award ceremonies, moving-up ceremonies, and graduation. It is a month to celebrate the amazing year we had here at GCS. Thank you to our teachers and staff for providing our students with the best opportunities to be successful. I would also like to thank the parents and community for your support throughout this school year. Together, we have implemented strong academic programs, provided a safe learning environment, and celebrated success all while preparing our children to be college and career ready.
To the graduating students, we wish you the very best in your future endeavors. Continue to be leaders in our community and work towards reaching your goals. For all other students returning in the fall, enjoy your summer, be safe, and enjoy time with your family and friends.
Here are some important dates for the upcoming month:
- June 1 – US History Regents
- June 6 – Science Research Symposium (5:00 pm)
- June 7 – Sports Banquet (6:00 pm)
- June 8 – Jr/Sr Spring Concert (7:00 pm)
- June 9 – 6th Grade Dance
- June 12 – MS/HS Awards Ceremony (9:00 am)
- June 12 – Spring Elective Recital (5:00 pm)
- June 14 – ES Field Day
- June 14 – Board of Education Meeting (6:30 pm)
- June 14-22 – Regents Testing
- June 19 – No School (Juneteenth)
- June 20-22 – ES Early Dismissal (11:30 am)
- June 20 – 6th Grade Moving-up Ceremony
- June 22 – Kindergarten Moving-up Ceremony
- June 23 – Graduation (7:00 pm)
Superintendent of Schools